cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From kyle koss <kk...@xperient.net>
Subject RE: font embedding driving me mad!!!
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:14:47 GMT
I thank you all for pointing me to this bug, and the patches for it. I
have been trying to apply them, but am still having problems.

Here is what I have done:
	I looked at the source files, and found that the patches for the
first 	attachment have already been applied, but the patches for the
second 	attachment haven't.
	I made the changes to the source in that were in the second
attachment, built cocoon webapp, put the cocoon.war in my Tomcat 4.0.4
servlet engine, and started it.

Now when I go to http://localhost:8080/cocoon, I get a
java.lang.NullPointerException from cocoon.

Maybe I made a mistake in changing the source or something. Or maybe I
just misunderstood one of the changes to be made. A little nudge in the
right direction would be much appreciated, as I am not sure what I am
doing wrong.

Many thanks, 
Kyle Koss 

-----Original Message-----
From: Litrik De Roy [mailto:cocoon-users@litrik.com] 
Sent: August 8, 2002 11:30 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: font embedding driving me mad!!!

I have seen the same problem, and I am also 100% sure that my
configuration
is correct.

There is an open bug report for this at
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6533

It is a little bit strange because there seems to be a patch for it, but
it
hasn't been integrated in the source code yet. Can one of the developers
please take a look at it and if the patch does work commit it to the
CVS.

I'm geting tired of the Times New Roman in the PDFs ;o)

Litrik De Roy
www.litrik.com


----- Original Message -----
From: "kyle koss" <kkoss@xperient.net>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 10:33 PM
Subject: font embedding driving me mad!!!


> I have been trying unsuccessfully for the last couple of days to get
> font embedding to work under cocoon. I have followed the instructions
in
> the cocoon users guide, but I still have a problem. I have created the
> metrics files, and the config file, which according to the log files,
> cocoon is finding.
>
> It seems that it is using the fonts, but not embedding them in the
pdf,
> even though I have included the embed-file attribute in config.
>
> I tried making the pdf with FOP standalone, which was successful - the
> fonts were included. But doing the exact same thing in cocoon (using
the
> same fop.jar -- 0.20.3) did not work.
>
> When I make the pdf in cocoon, it produces the pdf, but Acrobat gives
me
> a warning saying the font could not be created or found, and the text
> shows up as a series of dots!!
>
> Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated, as this is
> starting to drive me crazy.
>
> Kyle Koss
>



---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check that your question  has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting.     <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq/index.html>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:     <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:   <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>




---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check that your question  has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting.     <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq/index.html>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:     <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:   <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message