cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Reynolds <li...@va.com.au>
Subject RE: How to upgrade a jar? (eg to xercesImpl-2.0.2.jar )
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:06:55 GMT
I think it's org/w3c/dom/DOMErrorHandler that can't be found.....

The main part of the error is:

  Error compiling sitemap

sitemap: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/DOMErrorHandler

the whole stack trace is:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error compiling sitemap:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/DOMErrorHandler
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java, Compiled Code)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/DOMErrorHandler
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
	at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.(CoreDocumentImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.(CoreDocumentImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl.(DocumentImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.newDocument(DocumentBuilderImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.JaxpParser.newDocument(JaxpParser.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.browser.BrowserImpl.createDocumentForBrowserInfo(BrowserImpl.java,

Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.browser.BrowserImpl.compose(BrowserImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java,

Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java,

Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.lookup(ExcaliburComponentManager.java,

Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.lookup(ExcaliburComponentManager.java,

Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.lookup(CocoonComponentManager.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.compose(TraxTransformer.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java,

Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.AbstractPool.newPoolable(AbstractPool.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.AbstractPool.internalGrow(AbstractPool.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.SoftResourceLimitingPool.grow(SoftResourceLimitingPool.java,

Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.SoftResourceLimitingPool.initialize(SoftResourceLimitingPool.java,

Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.PoolableComponentHandler.initialize(PoolableComponentHandler.java,

Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.addComponent(ExcaliburComponentSelector.java,

Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.DefaultSitemapComponentSelector.addComponent(DefaultSitemapComponentSelector.java,

Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap.load_component(AbstractSitemap.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap$Configurer.configTransformers(sitemap_xmap.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(sitemap_xmap.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java,

Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java,

Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.addGenerator(GeneratorSelector.java,

Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java,

Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java, Compiled Code)

Note that have also done as it suggests in cocoon.xconf and changed
the parser class to "org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.XercesParser"
  and added
"-Dorg.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.Parser=org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.XercesParser"
to JAVA_OPTS in catalina.sh. This didn't actually seem to make any
difference to anything....

Cheers

Jesse