cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simon Price <Simon.Pr...@bristol.ac.uk>
Subject how to use a checkbox with DatabaseUpdateAction
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:36:14 GMT
Is it possible to get DatabaseUpdateAction to write, for example, 'Y' or
'N' into an SQL column according to whether a checkbox is checked/unchecked?

The problem is that only "on" (ie. checked) checkboxes submit a value,
so is there an easy way to translate this into a Y/N value to go in the
DB column.

Apologies is this is well documented somewhere, but I can't find it. I
had no problems getting form values from input/text and selections to
work, but this one's less obvious (to a cocoon newbie like me anyway).

Cheers

Simon

Simon Price
Institute for Learning and Research Technology
University of Bristol
8-10 Berkeley Square
Bristol BS8 1HH
United Kingdom