cocoon-users mailing list archives

From herbert_me...@ch.schindler.com
Subject no data via connection pool
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 14:07:02 GMT
Hi folks

I got a problem with the connection from Tomcat 4.0 - Cocoon 2.0.2 to
Oracle DB 8.1.7. I try to get data via a connection pool. I configered  it
as followed:

        <datasources>
                <jdbc logger="core.datasources.personnel" name="personnel" oradb="true">

                        <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
                        <auto-commit>false</auto-commit>
                        <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@ebihp235:xxxx:smetest</dburl>
                        <user>security</user>
                        <password>security</password>
                </jdbc>
        </datasources>

There is no problem when I make a direct connection within the xsp with
the following set up:

 <esql:driver>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</esql:driver>
 <esql:dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@schm8009:xxxx:SCHIT</esql:dburl>
                                <esql:username>security</esql:username>
                                <esql:password>security</esql:password>

Instead when I try the get data via connection pool it stucks.
When I startup Tomcat I can see a connection to the DB is made. But when I
try to request the site by the connection tag <esql:pool>personnel</esql:pool>
to get data from DB I got the following error:

An error occurred
The org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap notifies that
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException says:

Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate()

More precisely:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get
the datasource
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.NoValidConnectionException: No
valid JdbcConnection class available

Does anybody help me?

Thanks

Herbert Meier