cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Anand_Krish...@putnam.com
Subject java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:50:36 GMT
I see these OutOfMemory errors in my webserver logs. Does anybody know
what's causing this error. I have a 3MB xml file that I am trying to
transforming to html. My XSLT traverses this 3MB xml to extract only
relevant information based on user's input and generate an xml out of it.
Please help...

[30/Jul/2002:16:44:33] failure ( 503):
                           Internal error: Unexpected error condition
thrown (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError,no description), stack:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
                           at
org.apache.xml.utils.FastStringBuffer.append(FastStringBuffer.java,
Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.sax2dtm.SAX2DTM.characters(SAX2DTM.java, Compiled
Code)
                           at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.characters(TransformerHandlerImpl.java,

Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.characters(AbstractXMLPipe.java,
Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.characters(AbstractSAXParser.java,

Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.characters(XMLNamespaceBinder.java,

Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.characters(XMLDTDValidator.java,
Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanContent(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java,

Compiled Code)
                           at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java,
                           Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java,

Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java,

Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java,

Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java, Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1157)

                           at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.JaxpParser.parse(JaxpParser.java:241)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.AbstractStreamSource.toSAX(AbstractStreamSource.java:206)

                           at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator.generate(FileGenerator.java:142)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process(CachingEventPipeline.java,

Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingStreamPipeline.java,

Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.c_.iPlanet.Servers.docs.sitemap_xmap.matchN10065(docs\sitemap_xmap.java,

Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.c_.iPlanet.Servers.docs.sitemap_xmap.process(docs\sitemap_xmap.java,

Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.c_.iPlanet.Servers.docs.sitemap_xmap.process(docs\sitemap_xmap.java,

Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java, Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java, Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.matchN10357(www\sitemap_xmap.java,
Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(www\sitemap_xmap.java, Compiled
Code)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(www\sitemap_xmap.java, Compiled
Code)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java, Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java, Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.process(SitemapManager.java,
Compiled Code)
                           at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java,
Compiled Code)
                           at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
                           at
                           at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.invokeServletService(NSServletRunner.java,

Compiled Code)
                           at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.WebApplication.service(WebApplication.java,
Compiled Code)
                           at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.ServiceWebApp(NSServletRunner.java,

Compiled Code)

Thank you,
Anand Krishnan