cocoon-users mailing list archives

From sidhar...@vmoksha.com
Subject Re: mixing xml and xsl with i18n
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 04:21:46 GMT

Hi
I think you will have to keep the <I18n :Text > for Mr and Ms in XML file
only then it will work
I don't think that u can keep the same in XSL files

Regards
Sidharth Ghai
Vmoksha Technologies
VI th Floor, Corporate Towers 'C'
Diamond District
Kodihally
Banglore

                    "kavitha  ramesh"

                    <kaviramesh77@redif       To:     cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

                    fmail.com>                cc:

                                              Subject:     mixing xml and xsl  with i18n

                    07/18/2002 07:03 PM

                    Please respond to

                    cocoon-users

Hi,

I have an xml file which is as follows:

simple.xml
----------
<menu>
<person>
<gender sex="Male">
<name>Ramesh</name>
</gender>
</person>
<person>
<gender sex="Female">
<name>Kavitha</name>
</gender>
</person>
<person>
</menu>

and my xsl file is as follows:

simple.xsl
----------

<i18n:text>text1</i18n:text>
<i18n:text>text2</i18n:text>

and my messages for i18n are as follows:

messages_en
-----------
<message key="text1">Mr</message>
<message key="text2">Mrs</message>

messages_de
-----------
<message key="text1">Herrn</message>
<message key="text2">Frau</message>

If the sex is male, the browser should display

Mr.Ramesh(English)
Herrn.Ramesh(German)

If the sex is female then the browser should display

Mrs.Kavitha(English)
Frau.Kavitha(German)

How do I do this?Please help me,,,

Kavitha.

Click below  to experience Aishwarya Rai's beauty secrets. New
International Lux Skincare - It's not just soap, It's skincare.
http://www.luxskincare.com