cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Authentication Framework
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 06:56:35 GMT
Michael Hampel wrote:

> In my example I redirect back to the login page with the  login form and
>  want to display an error message there.
>   If I understand you right, then I would -  instead of doing a
> redirect  -
> generate the
>  login page again - if login fails -  and would then have access to the
> temporary
> session context, as I am still working with the same request object.

Exactly. I think this is a good improvement, I will patch the authentication
framework today, so that the temporary context gets the information.

> If this works , I think this would be a great solution.
>
> By the way thanks for your answer on my first mail.
> I will try to get out the XML from the request attribute - as I am a quite
> new
> Cocoon user, I probably will have to ask for your help again to do so:)

The XML is stored as a DocumentFragment in the Request object, so the only
solution I currently see to get it is to write an own Java component, for
example a transformer to do so. I don't know of any component available
in Cocoon which can help you here...
So, this proves that this was the wrong approach, the temporary context
is much better.

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler     Chief Architect     Open Source Group, S&N AG
             Cocoon Consulting, Training and Projects
mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de                  http://www.s-und-n.de
                    http://ziegeler.bei.t-online.de