cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: == I18N question ==
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:03:52 GMT
> From: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net]
> > From: Piroumian Konstantin [mailto:KPiroumian@protek.com]
> >
> > I think that this discussion that happened at Forrest
> project will help you
> > a little: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=102404381400002&r=1&w=2
>
> or you can simply do something (don't know exactly):
>
> <map:act type="lang">
>   <!-- suppose it returns {lang} variable -->
>
>   <map:generate src="dir/file_{lang}.xml"/>
> </map:act>

Note, that type="lang" action was used for the LangSelect action which is
deprecated in 2.0.3 and were removed from the 2.1. The correct version will
look like:

 <map:act type="locale">
   <!-- suppose it returns {locale, lang, country and variant } variables
-->

   <map:generate src="dir/file_{locale}.xml"/>
 </map:act>

> You can even check existence of the file with
> ResourceExistAction and return default language if
> translation is not available.

You can check if the translation is present in this order:
locale = lang_country_variant (e.g. de_AT_EURO)
lang_country (e.g. en_US)
lang (e.g. en)

This is how i18n trasformer looks for dictionary files.

Maybe something like an new LocalizedFileAction action would be more
convenient for this task. It can check for the existence of required
resource then return the first matched one or the default file name, e.g.:

 <map:act type="localized-file">
   <!-- returns {file} variable -->
   <map:generate src="dir/{file}.xml"/>
 </map:act>