cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: i18n inside XSL
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:22:22 GMT
> From: Albert Cervera Areny [mailto:informatic@sedifa.com]
>
> Hi,
>   I've been able to use an HTML file (which I've not designed) as my
>   stylesheet and in which I call each XML document I want to
> process. I
>   get this XML file as a parameter to the stylesheet.  The
> thing is now that I'd like to be able to translate the file I'm
>   gonna call and it is a problem because the i18n provided by
> cocoon is a
>   transformer and should be called within the 'sitemap.xmap'
> I think this is not the way cocoon it's been designed to work but I'm
>   really tight to the HTML file the web designers have made
> me available.

I don't quite understand how are you going to use an HTML file as a
stylesheet.

And would you serve your content without sitemap.xmap? From what you tell I
understood this:
1) you have a stylesheet that you can't change
2) you get your XML file name from a request parameter
3) the XML file should be translated before transformation by the stylesheet
Correct?

If so, then everything can be perfectly done in the sitemap. Simply setup a
pipeline using RequestParameterAction (or an RequestInput module in Cocoon
2.1) that will propogate the filename to the sitemap. The rest is classics:
1) generate you file
2) i18n
3) xslt

And that's all.