cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alex McLintock <a...@OWAL.co.uk>
Subject Re: IMPORTANT: Major Bug in XMLDBSource
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 21:20:58 GMT
At 21:49 28/06/02, Alfredas Chmieliauskas wrote:
>  > this bug relates to every cocoon and xindice versions available, thus
> it definately
> > concerns you, if you're using xmldb and accessing it through XMLDBSource
 > (xmldb: pseudo-protocol).

[memory leak description removed]

Thanks very much for spotting that. It seems to coincide with my
experiences of running out of memory when making lots of Cocoon->XIndice calls.

I am about to go on holiday but if you can't find anyone to fix this in the
next couple of weeks please email me and I will see what I can do. What you
seem to be proposing is a Connection Pool for XMLDB in the same way as we
have connection pools for database connections. That can't be too hard can

Alex McLintock

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London: Software For Complex Websites
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Free Consultancy for London Companies thinking of Open Source Software.