cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: pb with http request
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 01:15:21 GMT
This has nothing to do with the example, it's a common error message,
when having the XML declaration not as the absolutely first thing in the
XML file. There must not be any whitespaces or other characters in front
of the XML declaration and it has to be in the form as at
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-prolog-dtd. Watch for case-sensitivity
too. Have a look in all the related files to fix the bug.

cyril vidal wrote:
> Hy,
>
> I just was trying to run the example wrotten by Steve Punk in "Getting
> started with Cocoon 2" http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/2002/07/10/cocoon2.html
>
> More precisely, the last example that calculates a factorial from a
> numeric value submitted via HTTP POST.
>
> Here's the sitemap:
>
> <map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">

<snip/>

> </map:sitemap>
>

> and here's the file mystylesheet.xsl that I've copied in integrality
> from the original source:
>

> <?xml version="1.0"?>

This one seems to be ok, but I can't see whether there are any
whitespaces in the file of course.

> <!-- Author: Steven P. Punte "stevep@candlelightsoftware.com" -->

> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<snip/>

> </xsl:stylesheet>
>

> When I run this by pointing my browser to http://localhost/mypage?input=5
>
> I receive the following error message:
>
> *description* _org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
> creating Transform Handler: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The XML
> declaration may only appear at the very beginning of the document._
>
> _I _don't understand why this occurs. Can you help me please?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Cyril Vidal
> Email: cyril@planetexml.com <mailto:cyril@planetexml.com>
> Web: http://www.planetexml.com