cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Redirect depending on action?
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:34:19 GMT
Spectron International, Inc. wrote:
> I have a password protected site. When a new user is added the password is
> the same as the user name. I want to redirect to a "change password" page if
> it is the first time he has logged in (username=password). How can I do
> that?

You should not redirect.

When you get the data about the login, you select what to return to him,
ie the change password pipeline or the other one.

Forget redirects if possible, that are like gotos; just think of how you
would do things in a more high level proramming language like C or Java,
and you will have some hints.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -