cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Schatten <ala...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Strange SQLTransformer problem: Encoding bug in Cocoon 2?
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2002 07:46:29 GMT
Luca Morandini wrote:

> Alexander,
>
> since you wrote:
>
> <snip>
> (3) than I saved the result from the sqlTransformer as XML file
>
> (4) I made a "offline" transformation using xalan, the stored xml file
> and the "adressdb2html.xsl" xslfile: xalan gives an encoding error (the
> XML result from sqlTransformer is UTF-8, but contains german umlauts.
>
> (5) when I change the encoding manually to iso-8859-1 the transformation
> works fine.
> </snip>
>
> I guessed you saved the result of SQLTransfomer by commenting out the XSLT and saving
the contents of your browser's page in a file.
> Hence, the encoding you see should reflect the one defined in the XML serializer.

yes, this is true. that is what I have done!

> I have two hypothesis:
>
> 1) Your XML serializer has the iso-8859-1 encoding: SQL Transformer incorrectly changes
it to UTF-8 (quite strange !)

> 2) Your XML serializer has an UTF-8 encoding: change it to iso-8859-1 and check the SQL
Transformer output, it should be iso-8859-1;
> therefore, we could rule out this possible cause

I do not understand the problems. but what I do see is, that my XSLT
seems to be correct, but the setup in the sitemap does not work however.

I am not interested in the XML part. What I want, is that the
SQLTransformer works in combination with the XSL script.

moreover I simply do not know how to change the encoding of the
SQLTransformer, which obviously might be necessary?!

thank you

alex