cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Schatten <ala...@gmx.net>
Subject Strange SQLTransformer problem: Encoding bug in Cocoon 2?
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2002 19:45:35 GMT
(1) I wrote a sitemap entry like this:

<map:pipeline>
     <map:match pattern="ocg/db_xml.html">
         <map:generate src="aschatt/ocg/sql/adress_query.xml" />
         <map:transform type="sql">
             <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="ocg_pool"/>
             <map:parameter name="show-nr-of-rows" value="true"/>
         </map:transform>
         <map:transform src="aschatt/ocg/xsl/adressdb2html.xsl"
type="xslt"/>
         <map:serialize type="html" />
     </map:match>
</map:pipeline>

(2) basically it works until the last transformation step: the (simple)
XSL stylesheet does not work as it should. I searched for the bug in it
for an hour.

(3) than I saved the result from the sqlTransformer as XML file

(4) I made a "offline" transformation using xalan, the stored xml file
and the "adressdb2html.xsl" xslfile: xalan gives an encoding error (the
XML result from sqlTransformer is UTF-8, but contains german umlauts.

(5) when I change the encoding manually to iso-8859-1 the transformation
works fine.

can this be the reason, why my sitemap does not work? if so:

HOW could I change the encoding of the SQLTransformer result?

thank you!!

Alex