cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simeon Walker <sim...@sbs.bangor.ac.uk>
Subject Re: [doc] FAQ, mod-rewrite, comments needed
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:25:05 GMT
Diana Shannon wrote:

...stuff about mod_rewrite FAQ

> Liam Morley had the following comment:
>
> In my experience, session support is lost when you use mod_rewrite
> because the cookie path for the Cocoon session is "/cocoon". Because the
> browser sees the path differently, the session cookie is not granted
> access, and sessions don't work. I got around this by renaming Cocoon to
> ROOT, I imagine setting the default docBase would have the same effect.
>
> Would anyone else care to comment on Liam's comment? If not, I'll go
> ahead and incorporate Liam's comment into the FAQ. Thanks, Liam, for
> sending your feedback to Luca and me.

I have recently been having problems with mod_rewrite and sessions.
I can login (using sunshine) but still can't access the resource.

The comment above would explain what is happening. I haven't tried
the work-around yet, it may cause other problems as I want to use
mod_rewrite to make sure images and css files are accessed via apache
only and not cocoon.

Regards,
Simeon

> Thanks.
>
> Diana

Simeon Walker,                      email: simeon@sbs.bangor.ac.uk
School of Biological Sciences,      phone: +44 (0)1248 383702
University of Wales, Bangor,        fax: +44 (0)1248 382569
Gwynedd, LL57 2UW, UK.              www: http://biology.bangor.ac.uk/