cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Action - DatabaseSelectAction and XSP + ESQL
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:00:12 GMT
On 31.Jul.2002 -- 03:48 PM, Richard wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Between Action - DatabaseSelectAction and XSP + ESQL
>
> Which is better?

They target different use cases. To output the values, esql is easier
and leaner. You might want to consider the SQLTransformer as well. If
you use XSP, I would still recommend esql. If XSP is not needed, the
transformer approach is 'better'. Action + transformer is also
possible, but IMO unecessarily complex.

> Which is easier to code?

Since you would need to code the output in XSP anyways, esql.

> How am I suppose to get the results on the Action - DatabaseSelectAction?

They are stored in request attributes (see javadocs / docs for names).

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de