cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Esql and rollback
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:30:00 GMT
On 23.Jul.2002 -- 09:25 AM, Leszek Gawron wrote:
> I'm quite new to JDBC and ESQL. My question is: I have more that one database
> inserts. Every one in different esql:execute tag. How can I rollback the
> transaction if say the 3rd goes wrong? There is no such esql tag and I do not
> know how to obtain the appropriate jdbc session variable? or maybe I'm totally
> wrong?

Set connection to autocommit false, start transaction with "begin
transaction" and do "rollback work" or "commit work" as
appropriate. The above depends on your DBMS and various DBMS
settings.

There has been a post regarding esql and autocommit recently, but I've
just returned from a short vaccation and haven't looked at this (and
other) issues, yet.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l