cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian SCHRÖTER <christian.schroe...@nbg.sbs.de>
Subject How do i change the Encoding of the produced files by the TextSerializer
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:27:03 GMT
Hi,

i want to create csv-Files by using the TextSerializer. My problem
is, that i have to encode the produzed csv-file in ISO-8859-1.

I am using:
* java 1.4.0_01
* tomcat 4.0.4
* xml-cocoon2_20020712041726.tar.gz

I tried to set in my main-sitemap the encoding:

<map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.text"
mime-type="text/text" name="text"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.TextSerializer">
    <encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>
</map:serializer>

But it didnt help. The produced file is UTF-8 encoded.

So i tried to set in my subsitemap the encoding:

<map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.text"
mime-type="text/text" name="text"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.TextSerializer">
          <encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>
</map:serializer>

But it didnt help.

So i tried to set the encoding in my pipeline:

<map:match pattern="**.csv">
 <map:generate type="serverpages" src="{1}.xml"/>
 <map:transform src="{1}2csv.xsl"/>
 <map:serialize type="text">
  <encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>
 </map:serialize>
</map:match>

But it didnt help.

The file is alway in UTF-8 encoded.

Where must i change the encoding, so that i get ISO-8859-1 encoded
files?

cu,
Christian