cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michael Melhem <micha...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: Where did <stream-pipeline> and <event-pipeline> element went in 2.1 ?
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 11:30:06 GMT
On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 01:10:19PM +0200, TREGAN Fabien wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  The following lines no longer appear in cocoon.xconf in 2.1 (they do in
> 2.0.3, and the doc still say you can replace them to use non-caching
> pipelines)
>
> <event-pipeline
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline"/>
> <stream-pipeline
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline"/>
>
> Is it OK just to add them ? Why did they go ? Can we use non-caching
> pipeline in 2.1 ?

As far as I understand..

In 2.1 event-pipeline and stream-pipeline have been merged
and is now simply refered to as the processingPipeline

you can now specify the particular pipeline implementation you want to
use for each individual <map:pipeline> in the sitemap.xmap

Yes, you can use non-caching in 2.1, one can set this in the
sitmap.xmap. (not the cocoon.xconf)

Regards,
Michael Melhem