cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: strange database problem
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 13:39:54 GMT
On 02.Jul.2002 -- 03:09 PM, Leszek Gawron wrote:
> [...]
Option

> > > It works quite fine with only one small "but": I was using cocoon version from
> > > april ( 2002.04.20 i think ). The response times (after compiling the xsp
> > > page) where somewhere about 80-190 ms. Now it's 200-400 ms and sometimes more.
> > > What may cause such great difference in response times? The xsp file is really
> > > simple: it does select * from tablename only and outputs all columns. The
> > > recordset retrieved contains 23 records (about 20 columns each).
> >
> > Mmmh, nothing that comes to mind should have a significant effect on
> > performance. Someone suggested using a different driver, so, did you
> > measure the different response times with the same driver? Does
> > performance degenerate over time?

> It is the very same jadozoom driver. I cannot tell if the performance
> degenerates but I think not. The difference is significant though.

Just double checking. You've upgraded from 2.0.2 to 2.1-dev
(snapshot), right? Could you try the same with a 2.0.3 CVS version?

(Don't know enough about WinCVS www.wincvs.org to give instructions,
this is command line cvs usage)

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
password: anoncvs

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout -r cocoon_2_0_3_branch xml-cocoon2

Build cocoon:
cd xml-cocoon2

bash build.sh -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp

WAR is in build/cocoon/

Remember to clear $TOMCAT/work before restarting.

TIA.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l