cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XInclude/CInclude Issue (Re: including dynamic data with XMLForm)
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2002 23:55:41 GMT
Thanks but XInclude really likes files:

org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Resource not found.:
org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException: Resource not found
file:/opt/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/samples/bringmethis/content/form/cocoon:/categories_combo.xml

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 00:38, Michael Wechner wrote:

> > <xi:include
> > href="cocoon:/categories_combo.xml#xpointer(xformcategories/*)"
> > parse="xml"/>
> >
> > Perhaps you forget the 'parse' attribute?
>

> XInclude supports the cocoon protocol and XPointer. As I know CInclude
> does not support XPointer (which you already said, sorry), which would
> mean you have to use XInclude. I don't think you need the parse
> attribute but rather fix the XInclude call:
>
> <xi:include
> href="cocoon:/action/categories_combo.xml#xpointer(/xformcategories/*)"/>
>
> The other problem I think is why are you serializing
> categories_combo.xml as HTML instead of XML?

good point.  changed that. (it was so it was easy to debug when I wrote
the stylesheet).

> Hope I am not more confusing than I actually intend to help
>
> Michael

I appreciate it!

Thanks,

Andy

http://www.superlinksoftware.com - software solutions for business
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound Document in
Java
http://krysalis.sourceforge.net/centipede - the best build/project
structure
		    a guy/gal could have! - Make Ant simple on complex Projects!
vote.
-Ambassador Kosh