cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jens Lorenz" <jens.lor...@interface-projects.de>
Subject Re: encoding problem with xslt
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:04:23 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joerg Heinicke" <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 4:45 PM
Subject: Re: encoding problem with xslt

> > If anyone has some more ideas on this topic (non-ISO-8859-1 characters
> > within URIs), I would greatly appreciate some more input.
> > Conclusion for me is to avoid such characters in URIs. But this does
> > not get easily into the heads of our customers and users. (e.g. file
> > names)
>
> According to the old Xalan bug, we used forms with javascript. But this
> doesn't solve the problem generally, only our special use case.
>
> Joerg

Joerg,

which Xalan bug are you referring to ? I browsed the list of open bugs,
but only found related bugs.
IMHO this is not a bug, but a lack of specification. W3C has a draft
about an IRI (internationalized URI), but until this gets adopted
and implemented we'll have to deal with the mess.

Jens

--

jens.lorenz at interface-projects dot de

interface:projects GmbH                             \\|//
Tolkewitzer Strasse 49                              (o o)
01277 Dresden                               ~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~
Germany