cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jens Lorenz" <jens.lor...@interface-projects.de>
Subject Re: encoding problem with xslt
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:52:54 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 4:36 PM
Subject: RE: encoding problem with xslt

> > From: Jens Lorenz [mailto:jens.lorenz@interface-projects.de]

> > If anyone has some more ideas on this topic (non-ISO-8859-1 characters
> > within URIs), I would greatly appreciate some more input.
>
> IMHO, non-ascii characters in URIs should be avoided by all means
> possible.
>

> Less issues for you *and* for visitors of your site. Issues with
> non-ascii characters in URIs are endless (I bet you have not thought
> about visitors of your site exchanging bookmarks/URIs, and their systems
> have different encodings)
>

> Vadim

Thanks for you input Vadim. But do not only think of web sites. But
also of web applications. Think of a web cms for maintaining html
content.
Avoiding non-ISO characters ist impossible for non-english web sites.

Fortunately POST method is immune to such issues. So the only option
is to carry these characters via POST back to Cocoon.

Jens

--

jens.lorenz at interface-projects dot de

interface:projects GmbH                             \\|//
Tolkewitzer Strasse 49                              (o o)
01277 Dresden                               ~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~
Germany