cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jens Lorenz" <jens.lor...@interface-projects.de>
Subject Re: language variable, date formatting
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:49:04 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Barbara Post" <babs33@ifrance.com>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 4:26 PM
Subject: language variable, date formatting

> Hello,

Hi,

> My xsl stylesheet needs to format a date using a locale or a language
> variable that is stored in session (using SunRise portal).
>
> I wonder how I can do this.
>
> If I use an xsp to produce the portion of xml I need (date formatted
> according to a specific locale), how can the xsp get the session
attribute
> since it is stored in sunRise context (or another one if I need to do
so) ?

It probably much easier to produce this via Java, than re-inventing
Locale-specific Date formatting in XSLT.

> My problem is : how to access the session attributes when using sunRise,
> use it in sitemap or xsp ? If I use getxml I would have to use DOM then,
> right ?
>
> I was surprised that the raw <xsp:expr>new Date()</xsp:exp> does not use
my
> computer locale... (FR) but English one.

Assuming you are using the XSP with Java, this gets translated into
String.valueOf(new Date()) which in turn does nothing more than
(new Date()).toString().
If you want this to be a localized String you have to call
SimpleDateFormat.format(new Date()). This way you can also have
a different Locale for each User (which is probably what you want).

> Thanks for any clue.
>
> Barbara

Jens

--

jens.lorenz at interface-projects dot de

interface:projects GmbH                             \\|//
Tolkewitzer Strasse 49                              (o o)
01277 Dresden                               ~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~
Germany