cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jens Lorenz" <jens.lor...@interface-projects.de>
Subject Re: Excel generator
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:08:17 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@apache.org>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: Excel generator

> Sorry if it sounds like I'm hounding on this issue, but its very
helpful.

> And you find the gnumeric format preferrable to striving for Excel 2000
> XML format compatibility?
> (with the understanding that If I did do the generator in Excel format
> I'd probably rewrite the serializer to that as well)
>
> -Andy

The rewrite of the serializer is enough of a reason, not to change the
format. (IMHO) Why change something, if it works, as long as there is
no strong reason ? (and Excel format compatibility is no strong reason
for me)

Gnumeric XML is powerful enough and well documented. The latter is the
most important for me. This pdf describing every single tag and
attribute is a huge help, when having to generate a spreadsheet
programmatically.

Jens

--

jens.lorenz at interface-projects dot de

interface:projects GmbH                             \\|//
Tolkewitzer Strasse 49                              (o o)
01277 Dresden                               ~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~
Germany