cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ricardo Trindade" <Ricardo.Trind...@myrealbox.com>
Subject RE: "Clean" Cocoon
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 15:10:55 GMT
Hi,

	I agree, I started a thread with exactly the same content a while ago, some
people were against, some were for it.

	I thinks this is essential to simplify cocoon deployment, and to guarantee
that most installations are "out of the box".

	A lot of people answered that a ant build target existed which did
something like that. If it does, why not release the built release as a
binary ? There are a lot of users that don't want to compile cocoon, and
shouldn't be forced to do it. I think the ability to use binaries most of
the time is a sign of stability...

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Schatten [mailto:alasan@gmx.net]
Sent: terca-feira, 2 de Julho de 2002 23:29
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: "Clean" Cocoon

As there was a long discussion about Cocoon problems, I want to adress
another one:

It is fine to have examples in the Cocoon installation, but in
production use, you need a "clean" cocoon installation.

this is not SO easy, as you have to remove all unnecessary sitemap
entries, as well as example data...

So it should be possible to download a "clean" cocoon version for
production use, containing only the necessary sitemap entries for the
standard serializers, generators...

this would be extremely useful.

the second best version would be a documentation how to remove the
unecessary stuff.

Alex