cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Yogesh Mulwani" ...@uniqueware-india.com>
Subject Support for XML-XSL-PDF
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 06:27:56 GMT
Hello

    We are using Cocoon-2.0.2 on Tomcat-3.3.1 in our application.
    Our Application is a reporting tool which generates the PDF files using XML - XSL transformation
    We are also using SVG images embedded into the PDF files.
    In the sitemap.xmap, we are specifying the pattern for tranformation as:
       <map:match pattern="bar.svg">
            <map:generate src="working/Hermes.xml"/>
            <map:transform src="working/barsvg.xsl"/>
            <map:serialize type="svg2jpeg"/>
       </map:match>

    We are facing some major problems in our PDF file which is generated through cocoon.
    The following are the problems we are facing:

    1.    The SVGs embedded in our PDF has a problem in the sharpness, the pictures get distorted
.

    2.    There is an error on the Tomcat console when the PDF gets generated :
            "ERROR: The JPEG quality has not been specified. Use the default one: no compression"
            How can we set the JPEG quality

    3.    We want that we can set the background of our PDF report so we are specifying 'background-image'
attribute in <fo:block> element but it seems the cocoon2.0.2 does not support the 'backgorund-image'
attribute. Is there any solution to set the background image of the PDF.

Thanx
Yogesh
Uniqueware Software & Consultancy
India