cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Krautbauer" <bruce.krautba...@medtronic.com>
Subject RT: Re: Warming the cache.
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:08:59 GMT
This is a possible issue for us too.  We'll be doing all the standard things to make the processing
as efficient as possible, but some of our transforms will take 4-5 seconds (with Xalan) and
it would be impractical to pre-transform all of the possible combinations.

What would be nice would be a cache-warming transformer.  Something that could be part of
a pipeline that would kick off other pipelines, in another process or in the background, to
cache those outputs on the assumption the user is likely to be going there next.  It would
be nice if it could handle URIs and URIs with wildcards or sets of possible values.

Thoughts?

>>> denis.thierry@aic-info.com 06/25/02 10:51AM >>>
First have a look at
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/performancetips.html

Then, look also at the run.sh|bat command line to run cocoon without web
interface.
That way, you can easily design cronjobs to get it running at scheduled
times over nights

Regards,

Denis