cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ruwei \(Randy\) Hu" <lones...@alumni.utexas.net>
Subject RE: [doc] draft FAQ xinclude/cinclude
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 20:53:19 GMT
Hi, Harry,

I believe you are right. xinlcude works according to the xinclude spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/

Its support of XPointer requires random access to the object model of XML
document to be included, which is expensive to construct in runtime, while
cinclude only supports straight forward text inclusion.

Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: Lai, Harry [mailto:HLai@coremetrics.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 3:28 PM
To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: [doc] draft FAQ xinclude/cinclude

Hi Shannon,

Sorry for the slow response.  I'm not actually sure how much of the "faster"
depends on the caching.  I haven't looked at the code, but offhand, it seems
that not supporting XPath may also make the CInclude transformer faster.
Does someone else have more details on this (whether CInclude is faster than
XInclude for reasons besides caching)?

Harry