cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Cocoon and commercial portal products
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 06:44:09 GMT
Eric,

Right.  I was hoping to take advantage of the personalization
and security features of the portal software while taking advantage
of the separation of concerns aspect of cocoon.
<<
The portal and authentication components in Cocoon provide what you need.
And they are integrated as Cocoon components so they don't break the
architecture.

The portal is currently being used by NASA, BASF-IT services and others to
build XML portals. So, why not use that?

I should have said upfront that the client doesn't want to use any
proprietory code which would tie them to a particular vendor.
<<
Then the Cocoon portal could be the answer.

>IMHO, it make little to no sense using Cocoon with it. You will end up
>rewriting all this stuff first into XML/XSP/logicsheets, and then
>integrating it with Cocoon. OTOH, it sounds hard but possible.

That's what I figured.  Thanks.
<<
Sorry, what stuff??

Look here for more information:

http://radio.weblogs.com/0103021/stories/2002/02/14/cocoonPortalFirstLook.ht
ml

And here for a link to a Powerpoint presentation on the Cocoon portal:

http://radio.weblogs.com/0103021/2002/05/17.html#a184

Try out the demo portal in Cocoon and let me know if you have any specific
questions.

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de