cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Per Kreipke" <...@onclave.com>
Subject RE: Parameters, their stack and cocoon: protocol....
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:54:58 GMT
> > - If I call another pipeline with an XSP file using the cocoon:
> protocol, it
> > doesn't seem as if the caller's sitemap parameters are available to
> any XSP
>
> _sitemap_ parameters are not available to _any_ XSP. Only parameters
> declared _on_ generator/transformer/action/matcher/selector are
> available to the component.

Fine, you're saying that "sitemap parameters" are different than the
map:parameters that are declared on gen/trans/action/match/select sections.

Then let me ask: are the caller's parameters available to the callee below?

> > the called pipeline. Is that true? E.g.
> >
> >   <!-- Callee -->
> >   <map:match pattern="config">
> >      <map:generate src="config.xsp" />
> >      <map:serialize type="xml" />
> >   </map:match>
> >
> >   <!-- Caller -->
> >   <map:match pattern="*/foo">
> >     <map:generate src="cocoon:/config>
> >       <map:parameter name="client" value="{2}" />
>
> Does this syntax exist? (too lazy to check source code...)

First, should have been {1}.
Second, what syntax do you mean?

> >     </map:generate>
> >   </map:match>
> >
> > in config.xsp, I can't get the value of {client} through
> > parameters.getParameter("client").

> > - corollary: is the stack of parameters available to XSP file?
>
> No.

Sigh.

> > Or is there a
> > way of getting the parent of the parameters?
>
> Sorry, did not get this one.

Can I (from XSP) ask for parameters.getParameter("../../client") for
example?

Per