cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Per Kreipke" <...@onclave.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon 2.0.3 problems...
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:31:56 GMT
> - During startup of C2 I get the following error:
>

> "Logging Error: Could not set up Cocoon Logger, will use screen instead"
>
> and the stack is:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.AbstractConfiguration.ge
> tAttribute
> (AbstractConfigurations.java:494)
> at
> org.apache.cocoon.util.log.CocoonTargetFactory.getFormatter(Cocoon
> TargetFact
> ory.java:142)
>
> in the code for getFormatter() the call is:
>
> final String type = conf.getAttribute("type", "unknown");
>
> Since getAttribute() is called, conf isn't null.
>
> Thoughts?

I got the Avalon code and the NPE in AbstractConfiguration.getAttribute() on
the following line:

return getAttribute(name);

The name arg is not null, so the abstract function
Configuration.getAttribute() which is supposed to be implemented by whatever
the implementing class is that Cocoon is supposed to be using, is null.

Sounds like either the wrong class is being instantiated or the logkit jar
is out of date?

Help appreciated,
Per