cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sternath Elmar <Elmar.Stern...@icn.siemens.de>
Subject AW: RequestParmAction does not work with blanks in form input fie ld
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:27:30 GMT
You're right, the exception does not have to do anything with the blanks. What I want to do
is the following: I try to get request params using RequestParmAction. Then I add these request
parms to a http get request string in my sitemap: <map:part src="  <http://scw_de:scw_xx@mhha7txc.mchh.siemens.de:8888/BOLServlet/>
http://scw_de:scw_xx@mhha7txc.mchh.siemens.de:8888/BOLServlet/{IdType}Service.uploadDocument?Id={Id}&amp;Title={Title}&amp;DocType={DocType}&amp;Language={Language}&amp;Publisher={Publisher}&amp;Description={Description}&amp;SalesChannel={../1}"/
Unfortunately, as soon as the request params contain characters which must be escaped (like
blanks) this http get request fails. I already tried to use requestQuery instead of single
params, but this does not work for browser http post which I need because of doing file upload.
Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Elmar

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Naquin, Beth [mailto:Beth.Naquin@morpho.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 10. Juni 2002 18:58
An: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Betreff: RE: RequestParmAction does not work with blanks in form input fie ld

This is just a guess, but are you putting blanks in form fields that you are trying to use
in the pipeline below?  If so, are the fields values really blank or are they 'null'?  Maybe
it will help to default your textboxes to "" in case the user doesn't enter anything in that
input?

I use this in my xsp page for a form:
<input type="text" name="xlpin" size="10" >
        <xsp:attribute name="value"><xsp-request:get-parameter name="xlpin" default=""/></xsp:attribute>

</input>

Also, the error about 'HR should be followed by '=' sign': does that have something to do
with a blank being entered in a form field or is that a separate error?