cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Xindice and Cocoon
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:12:43 GMT
> From: Cenk Uysal [mailto:cenk_uysal@yahoo.com]
>
> Here is the error:
>
> SAXException JspGenerator.generate()
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: SAXException
> JspGenerator.generate()
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: SAXException
> JspGenerator.generate()
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.JspGenerator.generate(JspGenerato
> r.java:132)
> 	at

<snip/>

> Usually Cocoon gives this error when JSP can not generate valid XML.

Exactly!
So, first step is to check what is the output of the JSP without generating
XML from it. This can be achieved by using JSPReader that simply calls a JSP
then output the result. See /samples/jsp/ in C2.1 HEAD and that will give
you the idea.

> So I think Xindice is unreachable. Also how can I try if XSP can
> reach Xindice? Has Cocoon samples this kind of example?

I'd suggest to check the result first then. Maybe Xindice has nothing to do
with it, it could be some wrong character or so...

I've seen something related to the xmldb protocol in sitemap, so maybe
adding something like this in your sitemap:
<map:read src="xmldb:/..." /> will help you to check if Xindice is
reachable.

Konstantin