cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Sitemap parameters from servlet init (e.g. from outside the s itemap)...
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:47:30 GMT
> From: Per Kreipke [mailto:per@onclave.com]
>
> P.s.
>
> > - in Cocoon, does something already exist to get set sitemap
> > parameters from somewhere 'global' (hopefully from the init params)?
>
> Or perhaps to/from the servlet context?

There is a new thing in CVS HEAD called InputModules. I think that this is
what you are looking for. You can create an input module for servlet context
attributes (or wait a little -  I think it will be available soon) and use
it like this in your sitemap:

<map:generate src="http://{app:server-port}/bin/get?foo" />

There is also another new thing in sitemap syntax, called
'global-parameters':
<map:pipelines>
  <map:global-parameters>
    <map:parameter name="servlet-port" value="8080" />

   <map:generate src="http://{../server-port}/bin/get?foo" />

But AFAIK they can be set only from the mounting sitemap, so you'll have to
change your sitemaps anyway.

Konstantin