cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Svirida <andrei.svir...@midray.com>
Subject Passing sitemap parameters between actions
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:58:41 GMT
Hello Cocoon sers,

I have a little problem with passing sitemap parameters between
actions, hopefully someone knowns the solution.

I have something like this in my sitemap:
------
<map:match pattern="login.html">

   <!-- Authenticator writes the error message in sitemap variable
   {errormessage} -->

   <map:act type="authenticator">
   </map:act>

   <!-- Transformer wants to access the error message from the
   stylesheets -->

   <map:transform src="stylesheets/midray-html.xsl">
       <map:parameter name="errormessage" value="{<???errormessage from authetificator??>}"/>
   </map:transform>

</map:match>
-----
My problem is that the sitemap variable "errormessage" is not valid
outside of <map:act type="authenticator">, so i can't use it inside
transformer.

I know that this problem can be solved by doing this:
---
<map:match pattern="login.html">

   <!-- Authenticator writes the error message in sitemap variable
   {errormessage} -->
   <map:act type="authenticator">

        <!-- Transformer wants to access the error message from the
            stylesheets -->

        <map:transform src="stylesheets/midray-html.xsl">
            <map:parameter name="errormessage" value="{errormessage}"/>
        </map:transform>

   </map:act>

</map:match>
---
but this solution has some disadvantages which i would like to avoid.

Any ideas?

--
Andrei Svirida, Projekte & Entwicklung
MIDRAY GmbH - a debitel company