cocoon-users mailing list archives

From leo leonid <...@leonid.de>
Subject Re: Giving up! Cocoon too big, slow and confusing
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:20:08 GMT
Dear List,
This thread was false from the beginning. You just have to look at the
subject to expose the authors real intension - a simple reckoning - and
he even gives us the reason of his frustration: the end of his
> short vacation in beautiful Chicago
having to resume his mind-numbing work somewhere between
> Toronto and Montreal.
Catching himself dreaming of
> ...thirty-year-old mainframe operating system
> (MVS) produced by IBM back in the sixties and it's patching system
> (SMP4)...
he wisely diagnoses
> Maybe I'm getting old
but afterwards the retraction:
> it can't just be my age.
and he puts the blame on cocoon, which is certainly much younger, and
full of vigour...

sorry, but this is poor, like most reactions that followed.
The defeatist subject line obviously attracted and encouraged others to
take the pressure off themselves.

The spurious argument: Lack of documentation. This is not really new to
someone who has read the documentation, because even there it is an
issue. But for being more comprehensive the following issues are not
really new either:

- Developers are saying contribute but mean fuck you.
- The Cathedral and the Bazaar
- Attacking $cocoon-book authors
- Defending $cocoon-book authors

In contrast to Eric’s prophecy, I hope Nicola's tag line fulfills and
this needless and awkward discussion gets forgotten soon.

/Leo