cocoon-users mailing list archives

From cnsxx...@netscape.net
Subject RE: sitemap is not available
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 15:56:25 GMT
Hi

I'll answer my own question...again  :-)

I was wrongly assuming that the error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/apache/cocoon/generation/ServletGenerator
was telling me that the ServletGenerator class could not be found.

How silly of me!
What Cocoon was really trying to tell me, subliminally, was that the file ServletGenerator
could not find *another* file.

In my sitemap I had my own generator which I had jarred up and put in WEB-INF/lib, and I think
perhaps I need instead to put it into WEB-INF/classes

So that's what I will try next...

Rgds

Chris
-=-=

cnsxxx09@netscape.net wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I tried adding the cocoon jar file to catalina/common/lib/ but then I get a *deployment*
error as it needs/relies-on other jar files. I could end up copying the entire contents of
WEB-INF/lib/ into catalina/lib/ and it will probably work.....but I feel that this can't be
the solution.

>Does anyone have a clue as to why the Coccoon classes are found for the Cocoon samples
but not for my pipeline?

>TIA

>-=
>
>cnsxxx09@netscape.net wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I had problems deploying Cocoon in JBoss 3 as a .war, so I tried putting it into a
.ear file and it worked! (JBoss RC3/Catalina).

>>So, I can run all the examples successfully.....
>>
>>But I cannot get my own Pipeline to work....the error I get is:
>>"org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available.
Please check logs for the exact error."

>>and when I look in the logs I see the error:
>>": Error compiling sitemap
>>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cocoon/generation/ServletGenerator"
>>
>>This file is in the cocoon JAR file...which exists in the WAR file within WEB-INF/lib
>>
>>But what I cannot understand is the fact that all of the examples work okay, e.g.
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/sub/ because this would indicate that the cocoon JAR file *is*
deployed and found....but my own stuff in