cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Liam Morley <lmor...@gdc.wpi.edu>
Subject Re: Giving up! Cocoon too big, slow and confusing
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:13:24 GMT
daniel robinson wrote:

> - Is cocoon 2.0.2 alpha, beta or production?  I think it would be a
> very good idea for you all to define these terms carefully (the
> industry already has in some detail).
> - A point release should not break major functionality (e.g. sitemaps
> that were "valid" for 2.0 should work in 2.0.2 - and BTW it was not my
> idea to switch to 2.0.2 it was my service providers, I think if there
> had been a big disclamer on the website that said - DON'T USE THIS FOR
> PRODUCTION he might not have gone there, but as the web page says "To
> download the latest release 2.0.2 of Apache Cocoon, go to the download
> area."  This is not clear)

I can only offer my guess from my interpretations of release #'s etc.
first off, it's an even #'d release, not an odd #'d release, which from
what I can remember means that it's a development release, not a bug fix
release. I don't know if the Cocoon developers use that numbering scheme
or not. Also, if you load up the sample page, you should see the words
"version 2.0.2-dev" below the title. This also leads me to believe that
it's a development release, and not necessarily production quality. I
can't say for sure if that was the intention.

Liam Morley