cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Collen ...@hist.umn.edu>
Subject Re: hello example question
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:57:52 GMT
Scott Purcell wrote:

>Specification:
>    NT4.0
>    Tomcat 3.02
>    Cocoon 2.02
>    All Running.
>

>I installed the cocoon software this morning, and I am trying to understand how the framework
works. When I go to http://localhost/cocoon/welcome it shows the welcome page which has many
links to different examples.

>When I click the "Multimedia Hello World/HTML" link, it shows the starter
>http://localhost/cocoon/hello.html page with the hello code.
>
>I found the html for this page, but I am unsure how the framework is converting the xml
to the display html that I am seeing. I have been searching for a xsl file or something that
converts the hello.xml but I am at a loss.

Scott,

Check out the sitemap.xmap file in %TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/cocoon.  This
file is the "brains" of Cocoon and how it determines the way documents
are tranformed.  In this file you will come across the following code:

   <map:match pattern="hello.html">
    <map:generate src="docs/samples/hello-page.xml"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/page/simple-page2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

There are tons of Cocoon tutorials on the web.  Start at
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/tutorial/index.html for a good list of
places to start out.  Hope that helps!

Tony