cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Liam Morley <lmor...@gdc.wpi.edu>
Subject Re: hello example question
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:56:50 GMT
The most important document you want to look at is
%TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\cocoon\sitemap.xmap; you'll also want to look at
the documentation for the sitemap in the docs pages included with
Cocoon, or at the Cocoon website. Here's what you want to look for in
the sitemap pipelines section:

|<map:match pattern="hello.html">
  <map:generate src="docs/samples/hello-page.xml" />
  <map:transform src="stylesheets/page/simple-page2html.xsl" />
  <map:serialize type="html" />
</map:match>|

That should be what you're looking for, I think.

Liam Morley

Scott Purcell wrote:

>Specification:
>    NT4.0
>    Tomcat 3.02
>    Cocoon 2.02
>    All Running.
>

>I installed the cocoon software this morning, and I am trying to understand how the framework
works. When I go to http://localhost/cocoon/welcome it shows the welcome page which has many
links to different examples.

>When I click the "Multimedia Hello World/HTML" link, it shows the starter
>http://localhost/cocoon/hello.html page with the hello code.
>
>I found the html for this page, but I am unsure how the framework is converting the xml
to the display html that I am seeing. I have been searching for a xsl file or something that
converts the hello.xml but I am at a loss.