cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upload/HTTP-Post-Request
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:50:39 GMT
Jeroen ter Voorde wrote:

> Nicola Ken suggested that the upload mechanism should be rewritten. I'm
> willing to do
> this (including some major speedups of the multipart parser) but i could use
> some pointers how
> to do this.

Well, here are some small pointers:
1- check out the upload component in jakarta-commons, it may be nice
2- remove the fixed dir from web.xml, and make that a param

Basically, you will see that the Request is created by wrapping the
HttpServletRequest; there are RequestFactories in the components, and
wrappers in environment.

Base yourself on real-life use cases and why you-others are having
problems with the current version, and fix that :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -