cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Best Practice for shared information lookup? Modules?
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 20:03:46 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:
> Wasn't sure what to call this.
>
> I have a need to make some shared information available to components.  I'd

It depends where you need this information and what kind of information
it is.

If it is simple (small), needed by the sitemap, existing sitemap
components or sitemap components that are general in nature apart from
the value's source (e.g. request parameters, request attributes &c), go
for an input module.

If it is complex (large), needed mainly by other (custom) components, go
  for a component.

If you don't know, implement the InputModule interface and provide
additional access methods as well :-) It's not really an either or
situation. Afterall, you need a component to implement the InputModule
interface. And I hope, that it's really simple to implement to it. It's
just the standardized access methods that set InputModules apart.

	Chris.