cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: MOD-DB problem
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 19:40:40 GMT
Frank Taffelt wrote:
> it seems that new MODDB Actions doesn't alway's process the tables in the
> right order.
>
> In my understanding the processorder of the tables is determined by their
> order in the table-set element.
> Under some  circumstances this order is violated.

Mmmh, no. They are processed in table definition order. Always. Should
have been documented, I think. It stems from the fact that you could use
the action without any table-set -- then all tables would be used. This
is a) because the actions started as a patche :-) of the original
actions and b) for compatibility with them.

I agree, that it is desireable to control the order data is inserted.
Actually, it would make the setup even easier.

So, no its not a bug but a feature. Anyway, if no one objects I'm happy
to change that behaviour. I reckon that no-one relies on working without
table-sets anyway.

	Chris.