cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ROSSEL Olivier <olivier.ros...@airbus.com>
Subject RE: how to write a simple Hello World
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:47:20 GMT
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm new in the Cocoon world and I try to test a simple Hello
> World program.
>
> Here my hello.xml document:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet href="hello.xsl" type="text/xsl" ?>
> <page>
>   <titre>Hello World!</titre>
>   <content>
>     <paragraph>It's my first Cocoon page !</paragraph>
>   </content>
> </page>
>

> And here my hello.xsl stylesheet:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>
> <xsl:template match="page">
> <head>
> <title/><xsl:value-of select="titre"/>
> </head>
> <xsl:apply-templates/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> </xsl:stylesheet>
>

> But when I request the hello.xml from my browser, nothing happend!
> I just see my hello.xml file in the browser.
> do I have fogotten something?
>

> Thank you
> Sylvain

If you use Cocoon2, it does not work the way it used to work in Cocoon1.
You have to declare excplicitely which URL pattern will trigger your
XML+XSL.
In fact, in the file sitemap.xmap, you declare all URL patterns that Cocoon
will handle, and associate a data chain (called a "pipeline").

Have a look at your sitemap.xmap.

A piepilne is a chain of Cocoon components that send SAX events to the next
component.
A pipeline is defined as a XML generator, zero or more XSL transformers and
a HTML serializer
(: transforms SAX events into a character stream). I think that by studying
the sitemap.xmap, you will
find a pipeline description that matches your HelloWorld example.

Feel free to tell us which difficulties block you.