cocoon-users mailing list archives

From TREGAN Fabien <fabien.tre...@airbus.com>
Subject RE: "Please Wait" Message
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 06:25:27 GMT

<...>

>exist, send the message.  There is one major problem with this that I
>see:  If multiple people request the same un-cached file, does Cocoon
>spawn multiple processes to build the same file?  If so, then the
>wait-3-seconds-and-refresh idea could add a pretty nasty load.

Document is cached only when done processing.

>Any other ideas?  Or is this just a dumb idea to begin with?  : )
You may at least try :
-to make a custom action (on the reloaded page) that test if the document
exist, is being created, or does not exist at all
-to make a command line generation of all the .PDFs with a batch, during the
night, and use a pdf page server to serv only wanted pages of the pdf. (you
can do the same for HTML by producing 1 .html for each page or each chapter)