cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [doc] draft FAQ xinclude/cinclude
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:11:28 GMT

On Friday, June 21, 2002, at 10:25  AM, Lai, Harry wrote:

Thanks Harry.

> Hi Diana,
>
> This looks like a great summary to me!  Just FYI, I also found an older
> post
> indicating that CInclude has better performance than XInclude (mentioned
> near the bottom of the post).
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=100339923211176&w=2
>
> If this is true, it'd probably also be worth adding to the FAQ.  Thanks!

This email (dated 2001-10-18) suggests using cinclude -- not xinclude --
when you are including an entire document because it is "faster".

Question: Is this performance gain a result of cinclude's caching
capability? If so, then it's only "faster" if you use
CachingCIncludeTransformer, correct?

Diana