cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: how to write a simple Hello World
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:07:36 GMT
On Wednesday 12 June 2002 10:40, Sylvain.Thevoz@swisscom.com wrote:
> I'm new in the Cocoon world and I try to test a simple Hello World program.

What you're missing is a sitemap to tie your XML and XSLT togerther to
generate HTML

This is explained at
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html, and you could
study how the main cocoon sitemap (sitemap.xmap in the webapps/cocoon
directory) generates the "hello.html" example page.

An easy way to experiment without breaking your existing configuration is to
use the automount mechanism described at (shameless plug - I wrote this)
http://www.cocooncenter.de/cc/documents/resources/hot-plugging/index.html

Hope this helps!
--
 Bertrand Delacrétaz (codeconsult.ch, jfor.org)

 buzzwords: XML, java, XSLT, cocoon, mentoring/teaching/coding.
 disclaimer: eternity is very long. mostly towards the end. get ready.