cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Svirida <andrei.svir...@midray.com>
Subject Problem with CLASSPATH when deploying multiple applications
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 07:48:35 GMT
Hello cocoon users,

I have a question regarding deployment of cocoon applications.
Our company currently evaluates Cocoon as a platform for web
applications.
Its important for us to be able to share the same cocoon installation
for several applications which are being developed and deployed by
developers which dont have the right to write to the <Cocoon
Installation>/WEB-INF/lib directory.

E.g. , i have my Cocoon installation in /usr/tomcat/webapps/cocoon
and i have my Cocoon applications in /usr/cocoon-apps/app1,
/usr/cocoon-apps/app2 etc.

Developer 1 has writing rights to /usr/cocoon-apps/app1 but not to
/usr/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib.
Therefore he must be able deploy his JARs needed
for his application somewhere in the /usr/cocoon-apps/app1-Tree.

Is it possible to make cocoon look for the JARs e.g. in the
/usr/cocoon-apps/app1/lib directory ?

I would greatly appreciate any tip.

--
Andrei Svirida