cocoon-users mailing list archives

From cnsxx...@netscape.net
Subject RE: war file classpath
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 08:54:10 GMT
Digging deeper I can see that my own Generator extends (and imports) org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServletGenerator,
as follows....
  public class MyGenerator extends org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServletGenerator
 implements org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.Recyclable {

So the NoClassDefFound error appears, naturally, to be saying that my class cannot find the
cocoon class.

This is even more puzzling because the ServletGenerator class lives in cocoon-2.0.jar which
does exists in WEB-INF/lib/
And I would assume that Cocoon itself (and the samples) would need to use this class....

...weird!

C.
--

cnsxxx09@netscape.net wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm deploying Cocoon as a war file (within an ear file).
>My own sitemap.xmap file contains references to self-written generators but when I try
and access my files through a browser the sitemap cannot find them, therefore cannot be compiled,
and throws  the following error:
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/apache/cocoon/generation/ServletGenerator
>
>I tried jarring up my files into WEB-INF/lib - this didn't make a difference
>I tried also adding an extra-classpath reference in web.xml pointing to this jar file
- again, this didn't make a difference